Monday, February 15, 2010

Overdue Blog - I'll make up for it with pictures!!!! :)


So, I've kind of made it my habit during my sabbatical to blog on Thursdays. No particular reason, that's just kind of how it has worked out. After last Thursday's post I went out and prepared for our impending snow storm. We were house-bound again for the weekend - but had some fun. We watched the Superbowl and the snow. :) (Some pictures of the snow are at the bottom of this blog.) I made a fantastic dinner that was 2 days in preparation (pineapple smothered pork loin and roasted potatoes) that we shared with our neighbors, Benny, Christine, and Viola. They live right next door - so we walked through the deep snow to bring them dinner. :) We had a great night of conversation with them. I'm really thankful for kind neighbors. Even if they are crazy and hand shovel their gravel driveway that is LONGER than ours! :)

This past Thursday I did do some writing (finished up an update email that I worked on most of Wednesday evening) and I didn't feel much like blogging after that. I had a GREAT day on Thursday - felt great, actually! Friday and Saturday were two of the worst days I've had in, oh, probably 6 months or so. My legs hurt SO bad Friday night that I caved and took some hydromorphone in order to sleep. That plan back-fired as I woke up probably 30-40 times during the night because I was itchy. Narcotics can do that. No more narcotics for me.

I was sitting on the couch Saturday morning and just started to cry. I didn't have a good reason for it other than the fact that I felt crappy. Later I realized that it was mostly due to hormones. Dang hormones!

Yesterday was better. Today is not great, but not bad. :) But I thought I would share with you the therapy I receive when I do feel bad and stay on the couch for a while. This is my sweet Sophie. And this is her making me feel better. :) (I've never posted a video to the blog before - it may not work......)

Ok, looks like the video is at the bottom of the post..... Turn up your volume to hear her!!!

I must say a big "Thank You" to my friend, Chris who gave me a wonderful trick on how to swallow the oil that I need to take with my medicine, now. Orange juice in a shot glass, then the oil, hold nose, and down it goes!!! I only taste the orange juice! And my lips get all oily and soft. :)

So one of my 'giftings' is the ability to organize just about anything. And I ENJOY the process. Tremendously. Here is one of my simple little projects that I'm quite proud of:

We had all of our hats and gloves just in a ceramic pot that you had to dig through in order to find what you needed. I thought an over-the-door shoe rack would work nicely. And it does!!!! This is on the inside of our coat closet. I will remove it when I pack up our winter stuff for storage. (IF we EVER get to pack up our winter stuff this year......)


And here is ONE of our MOUNTAINS of snow in our driveway. Our driveway has had to be plowed 3 times thus far. I don't think this snow is going away anytime soon. And since we don't really have any hills near-by to go sledding on, I've been sliding down this bad boy (no sled required.) :)



The cleared-out driveway gives Neema some room to really RUN - which she enjoys. What she enjoys even more is catching her frisbee. :) Here she is in flight. I think this is SO cool!




I have finally marked off some of my "to-do" list projects! Our taxes are done! AND I have uploaded ALL the pictures and videos from my laptop at full resolution to my flickr account for safe-keeping. I have two other computers that contain pictures - so they are next. :) Once they are all on flickr - they will be doubly backed up on an external hard drive and placed in a fire-proof safe. I like my pictures. I want to have them, always.

If you would like to see my pictures or videos (there are TONS of them) just visit
www.flickr.com/photos/leslieland

It's best to look at them through the 'sets' on the right hand of the screen. "More Sets" will let you see all of the sets I currently have.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: