Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Sabattical

Wow.  My last post on here was exactly 3 years ago (plus 2 days!)  I guess at the year's beginning I feel a need to write again.

Not that I haven't been writing - but emails and facebook have been the recipient of my ramblings over the past 2 years. 

I have decided to do a little more writing and frankly, I didn't think it kind to bombarb my friends and family with daily emails of my experiences.  At least with a blog, they don't have to read if they don't want to.

So,  I'm back to blogging.  We'll see how long it lasts.  :)

The title of my post is Sabattical.  For that is what I am on.  I am not working for the next 8 weeks in an effort to allow my body to rest and recuperate from a 20 month illness that I've been fighting.  I have started a new phase in my treatment - and it likely is going to make me feel worse before I feel better.  Since it is the slowest time of year at the clinic - I'm taking the time to be at home to rest, read, blog, organize pictures, do yoga, take my dog for walks, sleep, eat well, and whatever else I can do to allow my body to heal.

I started the new medicine last night with great trepidation.  It is a bright NEON yellow 'liquid' with the consistency of mustard.  I hate mustard.  Really hate it.  I looked at this stuff knowing that I had to swallow it down twice a day for the next 6 weeks and just about gagged thinking about it.  I gag easily.  THANKFULLY it smells like bubble-gum, tastes like fruit, and has only a slightly chalkly 'finish.'  Not too bad.  I got it down this morning quick as a wink. 

I left work yesterday after only a half-day of work.  This past weekend I worked Saturday and Sunday - not having any large animal calls.  I was pretty thankful for that seeing as how it's the coldest weekend we've had in a long time.  12 degrees with a windchill of around 5 or so.  Brrrrrr!!!!!  We still have snow on the ground since we got over 2 feet the week before Christmas.  So, all in all, I had a quiet weekend and an easy day yesterday - but I still came home and fell asleep sitting up on my couch!  I eventually laid down and was out for a solid 3 hours.  Then I slept 12 hours last night.  Sleep is what my body needs!!! 

How incredibly grateful I am to work with people who love me enough to allow me to take 2 months off. 

Am I worried that I'll get stir crazy?  A little.  :)  But I have lots of little projects I want to accomplish.  None of them are stressful or physically or mentally demanding.  Busy work that I have not had the energy or time to do. 

I'll keep this blog updated as I go. 

We'll see how I do....   :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I too am so thankful you have this opportunity to rest and get well! And I'm happy you'll be blogging again. I love reading blogs..and since I'm not on Facebook (oh the HORROR, lol) it'll be a great way to stay in touch. I'll look forward to updates, though not as much as I look forward to you feeling better. :-)