Thursday, January 07, 2010

Yellow




So, today is the yellow day. Cause it's the day I wanted to share with you the color of my medicine. It's yellow. VERY yellow. I hope you can see and appreciate the NEON that it is. I know you can't tell the consistency by the picture, but trust me, it's thick. Have I mentioned how glad I am that it smells good (and doesn't taste too bad!)




As fas as how I'm dealing with the new meds - other than some slight nausea, I've overall been unaffected by it. I didn't sleep as well last night and that can be one of the side effects, but hopefully my body will adjust and get back to dream land for the entire night soon.

Tuesday was a completely do nothing kind of day. I'm not very used to days like that at all unless I'm really sick. After sleeping 11 hours Tuesday night, I knew it was time to get up and moving! Mostly because I needed to go to the chiropractor and secondly because I needed some food from the grocery store. My diet on Tuesday was pop tarts, cheeze-its, coffee, and cookies. Not really the 'healthy diet' I'm trying to get my body adjusted to. I did make a run to Wal-Mart (my grocery store of choice that particular day) and I was able to score some other loot, as well. Most noteably was something to store our Christmas tree and other decorations in (a very large plastic box that was quite comical for me to get into my small car.) :) I also became familiar with the Red Box and rented a couple of chick flicks from it. I've already watched both (Ghost of Girlfriends Past and He's Just Not That Into You.) They were predictable, yet enjoyable.

Before coming home I decided to stop into Target. I wanted to compare their Christmas tree storage options to what I had just purchased from Wal-Mart and well, Target is just my happy place. Didn't hurt that I had some gift cards burning a hole in my wallet. So, it was January 6th, 20 degrees outside, and when I walked in GUESS what greeted me? BATHING SUITS!!! Are you kidding me? WHO is going to buy a bathing suit when it's freaking freezing outside?!?

Me, that's who.

There are a few things that I'm always buying multiples of in search of that 'perfect' one. That perfect pair of jeans.... that perfect little white sweater, and that perfect bathing suit. The quest is always on. And though I'm a very small gal, I hazard to guess that I'm not unlike most girls longing for a bathing suit that is both flattering and comfortable - for being in a bikini in front of others is a frightening experience no matter how secure you are with your body.

Yesterday, I think I found the perfect bikini for me. And it's yellow. How fitting is that?!? :) My excuses for buying it were several - but the one I used to seal the deal was that I bought it with the intent of it representing my hope for this year. The yellow medicine is the means to my health improving. With my health improving, I might actually get to enjoy being in a bathing suit this summer on a second honeymoon with my husband. Plus, it has ruffles in the, er, right places to help me feel cute.

I mean, really, how cute is this suit???? :)
(Can you hear the GAP commercial - 'how cute are these boots?' Ha!)



Yellow and ruffles. I just love it.

Today I did about 5 loads of laundry and took all the Christmas decorations down and just did some overall cleaning. This was after I got out of bed at 10. :) Cleaning is actually stress relief for me - so I don't see it as work or a chore. It has taken me 3 days to clean what usually takes me 3 hours to do - so there's proof that I AM taking it easy. :)

Tomorrow is bill paying and garage cleaning. I'm going to dive into a new book tonight (maybe.....) and I hope to copy one of my friends ideas and use my blog as a book review sort of thing. Again, we'll see.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

hsholbrook08 said...

So cute....so you! Love the ruffles!

Brenda said...

I am glad that you are doing your blog. Your mom always keeps me updated on how you are doing. Hope you have a good day and don't over do it. I really like the bathing suit.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that you purchased a yellow bathing suit (although it is really cute and I remember a time that you told me that you didn't want to look cute....you wanted to look GOOD). I really like yellow and it will look good with a tan. Glad you are writing. Maybe someday you can compile all your blogs into an actual book. :-)

Mitzi said...

Sorry I posted as anonymous...I couldn't remember my password and I didn't want to retype.

Rachel said...

That is the cutest bikini top EVER. I love that you purchased a swim suit in faith!